One Lake Bike Tour
Art, Culture and Outdoors
- this tour is one of our easiest courses
- bike all the way around a lakeshore with outstanding views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding forests
- visit a beautiful historic temple and a flower garden in the mountain's foothills
- pass a "floating shrine" on the lake that is considered an epitome of Japanese aesthetics
- see the iconic mountain from some of the area's most famous viewpoints
- this is one of our best tours for seeing cherry blossoms in spring and colorful leaves in fall
Typical duration: 2½ hours
Maximum duration: 3 hours
Length: 20 km (12 mi)
Elevation gain: 200 m (650 ft)
Terrain: Bike paths, country roads
Departs from: Kawaguchiko Train Station
Tour fee: ¥14,000/person for 3 or more people, ¥20,000/person for 2 people or ¥40,000 for 1 person
What's included: Support car (to ride in if you get tired), English-speaking guide, bicycle, basic insurance, helmet, bottled water and snacks
Description: Bike the shoreline of a lake that offers outstanding views of Mount Fuji. Explore picturesque countryside on one of the area's easiest, flattest bike courses. Visit an atmospheric ancient temple and a famous lakeside shrine. Stop at a flower garden that provides a colorful foreground to the iconic mountain. You'll also pass a "floating shrine" on the lake that is considered an epitome of Japanese aesthetics.
One of our easiest, flattest courses, this tour transports you from the bustling neighborhood around Kawaguchiko Station out to quiet, scenic country roads relatively few tourists ever see.
If you take this tour in Spring, you'll view Mt Fuji framed by exquisite cherry blossoms. In Summer, the lake is encircled by wildflowers and emerald, tree-blanketed hills. In Fall, you'll ride under arches formed by maple and ginko branches covered with bright red and yellow leaves. And in Winter, you'll gaze past towering evergreens at Fuji and its magnificent white crown of snow.